Sunday 2 January 2011

Birthday Gift Card

Hi, well here goes, this is the first craft project I'm going to show on my new blog.  I hope you all like it, even though I know I still have a long to way to go catch up to the standards I've seen during my last month of blog hopping.


Anyway, it is my sister-in-law's birthday on 4th January and during Magnolia's Advent Blog Hop I saw a beautiful Coupon Book designed and made by Angie and thought I could use a similar idea, traditionally my sister-in-law receives cash for her birthday to shop in the January sales so what better way to dress up her gift than in her card.


Birthday Gift Card


I started by making the outer box card.  The papers I used were bought in a set of 300 from Costco, unfortunately I haven't kept the front sheet with the details on but will try and find out what they are.  The pearls I've had for years from a QVC kit and the turquoise gems are from my stash.  The flowers are a mixture of Prima and Kaisercraft.




This is only my second attempt at colouring using Distress Ink Pads and I don't think it turned out too badly.  The colours I've used are:
Antique Linen for skin and hair highlights, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain to complete her hair.  The dress and shoes are Broken China with the flower in Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint.  I also finished her cheeks with a little Worn Lipstick and added a white gel pen highlight to each cheek and the droplets on her flower.  I glittered her wings from my stash.


The money wallet for inside the box card was made from the same papers and stamped with stamps from Kaisercraft, which I got from Merly Impressions.

 

I used the same Tilda coloured in the same way as before (you can tell I was practising!)


You can see I didn't think about photographing this project before I'd written it but at least you get the idea of what the inside looked like.


I hope I haven't broken any blogging etiquette, please feel free to correct me if you think I've been a bit naughty somewhere, I am new to this and I'm still learning the do's and don'ts.

Thanks for looking and please feel free to comment, I'm always open to suggestions on how I can improve my projects.

Luv Hev xx






No comments:

Post a Comment