Monday 14 November 2016

Butterfly Stitch

Hi All

I've had a little play with a couple of new products this week.  First of all the beautiful Butterfly Stitch stamp from Stamps by me Ltd, this stamp will be featured on Create and Craft on Tuesday, 15 November at 2pm.  The other new product is the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders also available from Stamps by me Ltd.


  • For this first card I stamped the Butterfly Stitch stamp using Generation Inx Back to Black
  • I coloured the image using Copic Ciao pens in the following colours; E04, RV42 and R20 for the flowers and G85, G82 and YG11 for the leaves
  • The glitter was added to the outline using a Quickie Glue Pen
  • The image and sentiment were then matted and layered onto coordinating card stock and patterned papers on which I rounded all the corners.


 

  • The first step of this card was to take a piece of watercolour card and wet it liberally using a paintbrush
  • I used Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders in the following colours; Emerald, Aubergine Dream and Straw Yellow.  I mixed a small amount of the Pixie Powders with quite a bit of water on a pallet and painted random splodges of the 3 colours all over the already wet watercolour card.
  • Using the same 3 colours of Pixie Powder I patted the bottles over the wet card to allow spots of colour to develop and mingle with the painted background.
  • Once the watercolour card was dry I stamped the Butterfly Stitch stamp using Generation Inx Back to Black over the top of the Pixie Powder background
  • I cut the image out and mounted it using foam tape for dimension onto plain and glittered card stock.
  • I stamped the word Lovely using the Loving Wishes stamp set using Black Archival Ink pad and embossed immediately using clear embossing powder.  
  • I fussy cut the sentiment and added to the front of the card
  • As this was a twisted easel card I used the same plain and glittered card stock to mat the base of the card
  • I used another of the sentiments from the  Loving Wishes stamp set and stamped again using Black Archival Ink pad and embossed immediately using clear embossing powder. 
  • I attached this with foam tape to act as a stopper for the easel card.


  • For this card I used the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders again but in a slightly different way.  I did not paint the colours first as on the previous card.
  • I wet a piece of watercolour card using a large paintbrush, making the card quite wet.
  • Using the same 3 colours of Pixie Powders as on the previous card I patted the bottles over the wet card to create dots of colour which started to run and separate.
  • I spritzed more water onto the card with a fine mister to encourage the colours to run even more. It is amazing how many colours you end up with as the powders separate.
  • Once the card was dry I stamped the bottom portion of the Butterfly Stitch stamp twice using Generation Inx Back to Black over the top of the Pixie Powder background.
  • I cut these out and adhered them to a piece of patterned paper matted onto black card stock to mimic a butterfly.
  • Gems were added down the centre to give the illusion of the butterfly's body.  
  • The antennae were hand drawn to complete the butterfly.
  • I stamped the sentiment in Generation Inx Back to Black from the Hooray stamp set and matted onto the card at jaunty angle.
  • Finally gems were added to the corners to finish the card.



  • This was a very quick card
  • I used the same piece of background card I made for the twisted easel card above and stamped the Butterfly Stitch stamp using Generation Inx Back to Black over the top of the Pixie Powder background.
  • On a piece of patterned paper with a fairy image I marked on the fairy's arm where the dress would come to.
  • I cut out around the fairy's arm using a craft knife to allow the image to slide under her arm, giving the appearance that she was wearing the dress.
  • I used a Quickie Glue pen to add glitter to the fairy's wings.
  • Gems were added to two corners.
  • Finally ribbon was tied in a bow around the spine of the card.  It doesn't show on the photo, but the ribbon matches the shimmer from the Pixie Powders on the dress.
Hope you like them all

Thanks for popping in.

Lots of Love

Cheers

Hev xxx





2 comments: